Homemade Chicken Nuggets
1 cup of whole wheat (or homemade from leftovers from making bread) breadcrumbs.
1/4 cup golden or regular flax seed meal (freshly ground if possible)
1/2 cup sweet potato puree (bake a sweet potatoe for an hour at 400 degrees, then puree)
1 Tablespoon of Bragg’s amino (or any organic/healthy soy sauce version you like)
1 large egg, lightly beaten (free range if you have access to them) Use only 1 egg white, if you prefer.
1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
~Preheat oven to 350 degrees F ~
1. Cut chicken breast into chicken nugget sized pieces with a sharp knife.
2. In a bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs and the flaxseed meal. Set aside.
3. In a second bowl, combine the sweet potato, soy sauce, egg and coconut and mix together.
4. Take chicken pieces, first dipped into the wet mixture, then roll them into the dry mix. Place on an oiled sheet for the oven.
5. Bake for approximately 16-20 minutes. Cut the largest piece on the tray in half to see if they are done.