Need a quick fix for an overzealous sweet tooth? This nontraditional combination of ingredients is low in calories and high in flavor. Make a batch in less than an hour and enjoy a square whenever you need something sweet.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseeds or wheat germ
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed, or 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup low-fat milk
- 1 cup peeled (if desired) and shredded zucchini
- 1 medium-size ripe banana, mashed (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate pieces (optional)
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. In a large bowl, combine all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, flaxseeds or wheat germ, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Make a well in center of flour mixture; set aside.
2.In a medium bowl, whisk together egg, sugar, canola oil, and milk until well mixed. Stir in zucchini and banana. Add zucchini mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened. Fold in chocolate pieces. Pour batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly.
3.Bake about 25 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into squares.
Reblogged from: http://www.bhg.com/recipe/desserts/zucchini-banana-squares/