Oats, raisins, and peanut butter add a nutrition bonus to the all-American favorite.
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar or sugar substitute* equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed, or 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate pieces or chunks
1.Preheat oven to 350 degree F. In a small bowl, combine raisins and boiling water; set aside.
2.In a large bowl, combine peanut butter and butter; beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar or substitute, egg, cinnamon, vanilla, and baking soda. Beat until combined. Add flour; beat until smooth. Stir oats.
3.Drain the raisins; stir raisins and chocolate pieces into oat mixture.
4.Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake about 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to wire racks; let cool. Makes about 40 cookies.
from the test kitchen
- Choose from Splenda Granular or Sugar Twin or Sweet ‘N Low packets in bulk. Follow package directions to use product amount equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar. With Sweet ‘N Low, you’ll get about 34 cookies.
- Prepare cookies as directed. Store at room temperature for up to 2 days.
nutrition facts (Must-Have Chocolate Chip Cookies)
- Servings Per Recipe 40,
- cal. (kcal) 87,
- Fat, total (g) 4,
- chol. (mg) 3,
- sat. fat (g) 2,
- carb. (g) 12,
- fiber (g) 1,
- pro. (g) 2,
- sodium (mg) 47,
- Other Carb () 1,
- Fat () 1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reblogged from: http://www.bhg.com/recipe/cookies/must-have-chocolate-chip-cookies/