Makes 4 servings
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 skinless and boneless chicken thighs (about 1 pound)
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15-ounce) can navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Combine rosemary, salt and pepper; sprinkle over one side of chicken.
- Place chicken in pan with seasoned side down, cook 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and turn chicken. Add tomatoes and beans, cover and simmer 10 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Stir in olives.
Nutrition Facts: Serving Size: 2 thighs and 3/4 cup bean mixture. Amount per serving: calories, 316; calories from fat, 23; total fat, 8.1 g; cholesterol, 94 mg; sodium, 978 mg; total carbohydrate, 30.2 g; dietary Fiber, 6.8 g; sugars, not applicable; protein, 31.2 g
SOURCE: Courtesy of the Idaho Bean Commission, P.O. Box 2556, Boise, ID 83701. For more information about cooking with beans, visit www.state.id.us/bean