- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Combine oil, applesauce and cocoa. Add sugar and stir until dissolved. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix dry ingredients together and stir into the mixture.
- Pour the batter into a greased and floured (or wax paper lined & sprayed) 9 inch square pan. Sprinkle on nuts (optional).
- Bake about 20 to 30 minutes or until top is set but edges are not dried out. Toothpick will come out clean. Cut into 24 squares.
Nutritional Information per Serving:
- Calories: 165
- Protein: 3 g
- Sodium: 84 mg
- Fat: 7 g
- Carbohydrates: 27 g
*Recipe from Diabetic Gourmet: www.DiabeticGourmet.com*
Reblogged From DiabetesAmerica’s Blog