- 1 14-ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup quick grits (not instant)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 pound peeled and deveined raw shrimp
- 1 bunch scallions, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Position rack in upper third of oven; preheat broiler.
- Bring broth and water to a boil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Whisk in grits and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cheese. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, toss shrimp, scallions, oil, garlic powder, the remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper and salt in a medium bowl. Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet. Broil, stirring once, until the shrimp are pink and just cooked through, 5 to 6…
View original post 44 more words