To lose weight, you need to burn more calories than you consume, which inevitably means one thing: portion control. But you’re not necessarily doomed to a growling stomach until you reach your goal.
“Portion control doesn’t mean you have to eat tiny portions of everything,” says Lisa Young, author of “The Portion Teller Plan: The No-Diet Reality Guide to Eating, Cheating, and Losing Weight Permanently.” “You don’t want to feel like you’re on a diet, but you have to eat fewer calories.”
Here are 14 easy ways to cut portions, trim calories, and lose fat without counting the minutes until your next meal.
- Start with a glass of H2O
- Wear form-fitting clothes
- Add veggie fillers
- Dine on dinnerware that helps you lose
- Make carbs the topper instead of the base
- Set the scene for slower eating
- Work for your food
- Don’t eat from the bag or box
- Slurp your appetizer
- Take a lap before serving yourself
- Drink from a tall glass
- Limit mealtime distractions
- Use smaller serveware and dishes
- End your meal with a new kind of sweet treat
To read more about any of the 14 easy ways to cut portions visit this link.
Reblogged from CNN.com